Code-in is a program from Google to encourage young people (ages 13-17) to participate in free software projects. This year some Code-in participants worked on improvements for KDE Connect, and today we are releasing all this work condensed into KDE Connect 0.8!
This version comes with lots of bug fixes and a bunch of new features:
- Added the ability to mute incoming calls from the desktop notification.*
- Included a way to disable desktop notifications per-app from your phone.
- Added a seek bar to the Media Controls.*
- Added a plugin to prevent your PC from sleeping if your phone is in the network.
- Implemented support for drag’n drop in touchpad.*
- Added support for special keys and modifier keys to virtual keyboard.
- Fixed shared Youtube videos not opening in the browser.
*Features made by people under 18 :D
This is a release for the KDE 4 desktop only, and I’m sorry for not having a Plasma 5 version ready. I’ve been holding this update to prepare a super cool stable version for Plasma 5 as well, but I didn’t find time for that and I think it’s better not to hold this version any longer. For those of you who have already jumped to Plasma 5, an official release is coming soon, I promise!